EASTER AT SEVEN SPIRIT BAY
Experience an unparalleled Easter break with a 5-night stay at Seven Spirit Bay on Cobourg Peninsula.
Dive into azure waters aboard adventure boats, fish in the marine sanctuary, savor scenic flights, enjoy a 4WD safari, and explore historic Port Essington, creating cherished memories in a captivating getaway.
7 Days / Darwin to Darwin
From: $5,945 pp twin share
- Spend 5 nights at Seven Spirit Bay on the Cobourg Peninsula for an Easter break like no other!
- Explore the azure waters of the Arafura Sea and Port Essington aboard the lodge’s rigid inflatable adventure boats
- Fish the estuaries and blue water of the Cobourg Marine Park Sanctuary in search of barramundi, golden snapper, mangrove jack and more.
- Enjoy a bird’s eye view of the Cobourg Peninsula and Van Diemen Gulf on an included scenic flight
- Take a 4WD sunset safari to Vashon head, with drinks and canapes on the beach
- Visit historic Victoria Settlement, established in 1838 at Port Essington
- Exclusive resort guests – small group size
- 5 nights of luxury ‘Habitat’ Villa accommodation at Seven Spirit Bay
- 1 night in Darwin at the Hilton Garden Inn Darwin
- All meals, including all breakfasts, lunches and dinners prepared by our talented in-house chef
- All attraction, entry and cruise fees including permit fees to enter Aboriginal land
- Full range of adventures and activities at Seven Spirit Bay
- Custom built expedition boats with professional fishing guides
- Return air transfers Darwin – Seven Spirit Bay aboard modern Cessna Grand Caravan EX, with leather seating, air-conditioning and advanced avionics
- All airport transfers in Darwin
DAY 1 – Darwin – Seven Spirit Bay
Upon arrival into Darwin you’ll be greeted by your crew and transferred to Outback Spirit’s general aviation terminal. If you’re already in Darwin, enjoy a complimentary transfer from any local hotel. This afternoon we take to the sky for a 45-minute scenic flight across Van Diemen Gulf. Once we reach the stunning Cobourg Peninsula, we’ll land at Vashon Head – the second most northerly point on the Australian mainland and home to Seven Spirit Bay’s airstrip. Upon landing, enjoy a friendly meet and greet with the crew before taking a 20-minute 4WD trip to the lodge. Here you’ll enjoy a brief familiarisation of the lodge and surrounds before checking in to your unique and luxurious ‘habitat’ villa. Your villa features air-conditioning, premium furnishings, and a covered private deck overlooking the beautiful natural bushland. Later this afternoon we’ll meet again for sunset drinks before indulging in exceptional, innovative cuisine with a focus on local flavours and produce. (D) ** Lunch available depending on arrival time at Seven Spirit Bay
DAY 2 – Adventures Galore!
During your stay we invite you to do as much or as little as you desire. Each day the management team will discuss the range of activities available to you. Most activities are half or three quarters of a day in duration, which allows for a bit of relaxation time around the resort from midafternoon. The activities on offer include: • Marine wildlife spotting cruises in Coral or Trepang Bays aboard our custom-built adventure craft, MV Arafura • Half day Barramundi fishing in Trepang Creek (or alternative creeks where the fish are active) tide dependent • Half day blue water fishing adventure in the Cobourg Marine Park Sanctuary • 4WD wilderness adventures to Gunners Quoin, Vashon Head and the magnificent Nipa Palms. The Nipa only grows in three locations in Australia, with Trepang Creek being one of them. Rainbow Beach may only be accessed during low tide. • Nature walks and bird watching. • Historical tour of Victoria Settlement, Port Essington – details shown on day 5. (B,L,D)
DAY 3 – Seven Spirit Bay
As Day 2 (B,L,D)
DAY 4 – Easter Sunday Enjoy a leisurely morning before a special Easter breakfast on the deck overlooking Coral Bay. At midday, we get together again for a celebratory Easter lunch, featuring delicious freshly caught seafood and traditional fare prepared by our in-house chefs. A truly memorable Easter Sunday! (B,L,D)
DAY 5 – Marine adventure to Port Essington
Please note that the day of the Victoria Settlement trip will be determined by the tides and weather and will be advised by management on arrival into camp. First thing we cruise down Port Essington and retrace the course of the early mariners’ square riggers, passing landmarks such as Gunners Quoin, Turtle Rock, Observation Cliff and Record Point en route to Victoria Settlement. Established in 1838, Victoria Settlement was the third attempt by the British at a northern settlement, after Fort Dundas on Melville Island and Fort Wellington at Raffles Bay. Conceived to facilitate trade with Asia, the settlement EASTER AT SEVEN SPIRIT BAY consisted of 24 houses and a hospital, which certainly saw its fair share of patients due to rampant disease and malnutrition. After we’ve disembarked on the beach, we’ll take a fascinating 3-hour tour of the Settlement and learn about what life was like in this remote and unforgiving outpost. There’s an optional extension to the walk which leads to lonely gravestones in the forest, almost forgotten by history. After some refreshments on the beach, we’ll hop back aboard MV Arafura and make our way back to the lodge for lunch. Enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. (B,L,D)
DAY 6 – Farewell to Seven Spirit Bay!
This morning we bid farewell to Seven Spirit Bay and travel to Vashon Head for our 45- minute scenic flight back to Darwin. Upon arriving in Darwin this afternoon, we head to the city to check in to the Hilton Garden Inn Darwin on the esplanade. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon at your leisure before boarding the Charles Darwin for a delicious Territory-style sunset dinner cruise and celebrate a truly amazing break! (B,L,D)
DAY 7 – Darwin
After a leisurely morning, you’ll be transferred according to the details shown above. (B)
Every effort will be made by your crew to ensure that the above itinerary is followed. However, Outback Spirit reserves the right to alter the itinerary once on tour as required due to weather and track conditions or other operational considerations.
Special Offers, Pricing & Departure Dates
• Save $700 Per Person* Must book by 30 September 2023
2024 Departure Dates
• 28 Mar – 3 Apr – Save $700 per person