HIDDEN TREASURES OF EUROPE AND MIDDLE EAST!
EXPLORE A DIFFERENT SIDE OF EUROPE AND MIDDLE EAST INSTEAD OF REVISITING OTHER TOURISTS’ TRIP!
Grab the chance to have a one of a kind trip to Europe and the Middle East with this Intrepid HOT DEAL.
We’ll show you a different side of Europe and the Middle East. Instead of getting lured into the tourist traps across Europe and the Middle East, join us on a trip you’ll remember forever. Ditch the busy streets of Europe and instead cycle through Tuscany, find the best swim spots in the Balkans and swap your hotel accommodation for a night at a Bedouin Camp in Wadi Rum.
9 DAYS • JORDAN • WAS $2,265PP* NOW FROM $2,039PP* TWIN SHARE
(Price based on 22 Mar 2020 departure, Max group size 12)
Steeped in biblical history, laden with ancient wonders, thriving with culture and full of friendly people, Jordan is a destination that has to be seen to be believed. Embark on a comprehensive nine-day small-group adventure through the heart of Jordan, exploring the capital, Amman, the vast Wadi Rum, bustling Madaba and the extraordinary Dead Sea. Be dwarfed by the carved Treasury of Petra, learn of the city of mosaics at St Georges church, and eat as many falafels as you can handle. With its sole focus on Jordan, this is an inspiring Middle Eastern journey.
Meals – 6 breakfasts, 1 dinner
Transport – 4×4 Jeep, Private Vehicle
Accommodation – Hotel (7 nights)
• Discover Amman on a walking tour with your local leader, visiting the Pillars of Hercules, the Roman Theatre and Odeon – be sure to stop at a souq for a snack!
• Journey to the fertile highlands of north Jordan and visit a community-based project which supports women to become entrepreneurs. Enjoy the hospitality and stay for dinner with the locals.
• Experience the biblical history in Jordan, viewing the promised land from Mount Nebo and visiting the supposed baptismal site of Jesus at Al-Maghtas.
• Discover the ancient city of Petra with more than enough time to explore the highlights on a guided tour, and spending some time for self-discovery around the region.
• Walk in the footsteps of the Bedouin in Wadi Rum – exploring the desert colours on a 4WD safari and appreciating the traditional hospitality on a small-group camping experience.
ESSENTIAL SOUTHERN BALKANS
9 DAYS • ALBANIA, CROATIA, GREECE, MONTENEGRO • WAS $1,650PP* NOW FROM $1,485PP* TWIN SHARE
(Price based on 19 Sep 2020 departure. This trip is for 18 to 29s. Max group size 16)
Say hello to the Southern Balkans – steeped in medieval history, overflowing with kooky towns, and blessed with a spectacular coastline. This 9-day tour from Dubrovnik to the Greek island of Corfu is well-rounded, as there are battle zones, beaches, bunkers and bars all together in one Balkan adventure. Discover Stari Bar and its epicurean delights, explore the political history of Albania’s capital, Tirana, lay beachside on the Albanian riviera and wind up sun-kissed on the beaches of a Greek island. Quit bulkin’ – time to get Balkan.
Meals – 7 breakfasts, 1 dinner
Transport – Public bus, Private vehicle, Ferry
Accommodation – Hotel (4 nights), Hostel (4 nights)
• Walk the walls of the Old City of medieval Dubrovnik and spot the film locations around the city that have been used in worldwide blockbusters.
• There is no shortage of medieval influences on this tour. Discover the walled cities of Kotor and Stari Bar, teeming with history from a bygone era.
• Descend into one of the world’s most peculiar contemporary art museums in Tirana, housed in an underground bunker built for the Albanian political elite.
• The Albanian riviera gives any coastline a run for its money. Float in the sparkling waters of Dhermi beach and explore this local seaside hotspot.
• Head by hydrofoil to Corfu, one of Greece’s famed islands. Explore the rocky landscapes and relax on one of the island’s many sandy beaches. This is living.
ONE WEEK CAMPING IN ICELAND
7 DAYS • ICELAND • WAS $2,025PP NOW FROM $1,823PP* TWIN SHARE
(Price based on 21 Jun 2020 departure. This trip is for 18 to 29s. Max group size 16)
Quick note: Greenland is the one with all the ice, Iceland is the one with all the green – but you can see why people get the two mixed up. Now we’ve got that out the way – Iceland is crazy pretty. Even searching for pictures from the country turns up with scenes that belong in a Hollywood blockbuster (Star Wars, anyone?). The cool thing about this trip is you’ll get to see all the beautiful nature first hand, minus the special effects. The hills of Hvolsvollur, Vatnajokull’s frosty glaciers, the bursting Strokkur Geyser and Reykjavik’s party vibes – you better believe this trip has all the good stuff.
Meals – 2 breakfasts, 1 dinner
Transport – Private minibus with free Wi-Fi, 4X4 bus
Accommodation – Camping (4 nights), Guesthouse (2 nights)
• On this trip we are travelling in our own private minibus as this allows us to reach some more off the beaten path destinations and gives us flexibility which would not be possible by public transport. And on top of that all our vehicles in Iceland have complimentary Wi-Fi.
• There’s a lot more to Iceland than ice (and Bjork). Ford the fjords, glaciers, volcanoes, black sands and thermal springs of this magical land in the world’s far north
• Discover Iceland’s fascinating history of Reykjavik, and visit the astonishing Lutheran church of Hallgrimskirkja
• The Eurasian and American tectonic plates may now be pulling apart in Thingvellir National Park, but over a thousand years ago this was the site where Iceland’s first parliament came together
• Hike to the tongue of Europe’s biggest glacier and marvel at the walls of ice in Skaftafell National Park
• Southern Iceland is a world of striking contrasts. Walk past blue-white icebergs at the Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon, and soak up the silence of the surrounding grey sand desert
10 DAYS • PORTUGAL, SPAIN • WAS $2,220PP* NOW FROM $1,998PP* TWIN SHARE
(Price based on 8 May 2020 departure. Max group size 12)
Challenge yourself to a journey from pretty Porto to the historic Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela on an 11-day alternative coastal Camino trail. This Portuguese Camino trail passes through coastal Baiona, Vigo and Redondela, and joins the pilgrim route onwards to Pontevedra, Caldas de Reis, Padron, and finishing in Santiago de Compostela. You’ll embark on a journey through the countryside in mostly north-western Spain, retracing the ‘Way of Saint James’, trekking past the Bay of Vigo, visiting old churches and quaint villages. As one of the three most important Christian pilgrimages, you’ll take part in a powerful journey through some idyllic landscapes and via some beautiful towns.
Meals – 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Transport – Private minivan, Taxi, walking
Accommodation – Hotel (8 nights), multishare pilgrims hostel (1 night)
• Journey this mostly coastal walk to Santiago de Compostela – a lesser-known trail with fewer pilgrims along the way.
• Feast on some of the best Spanish seafood and Albarino wine in Arcade, on a substantial lunch stop on the way to Pontevedra.
• Trek a fair distance each day, but be able to relax along the way, with dedicated rest days in seaside Vigo and inland Caldas de Reis.
• Visit one of the bodegas (wineries) in the region of Caldas de Rei and have the opportunity to soak in the renowned hot springs in the area.
• Explore the marvels of Saint James’s resting place at the Cathedral de Santiago and the medieval old town surrounding as a reward for conquering this journey
Don’t miss your chance to see the world differently in 2020! Book now and save up to 10% OFF* Europe and the Middle East. Offer ends 31 October 2019.
HURRY! Simply fill out the enquiry form or give a call at 1300 487 283 to book!
*Terms and conditions: *10% discount applies to Intrepid small group adventures in Europe & the Middle East (incl. Morocco) departing between 03 Sept 2019 and 31 Oct 2020. Excludes Polar, Urban Adventures, Short Break Adventures, Tailor-Made trips, Expedition style trips, and tours operated by external 3rd party suppliers. Discount applies to new bookings only, made and deposited between 03 September and 31 October 2019. Discount does not apply to local payments/kitty, permits, additional travel arrangements, international and local airfares. The discount applies to the land tour price only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and are not combinable except the $1 deposit offer if booked by 15 Sept 19. $1 deposit booking terms and conditions will apply. Note that Adventure Cruising is excluded from $1 Deposits. If not booking on a $1 deposit, a standard deposit of $400 per person per trip ($99 for 18 to 29s trips, $600 for Adventure Cruising) is required upon booking and full payment 56 days prior to departure (90 days for Adventure Cruising). If booking within 56 days of departure (90 days for Adventure Cruising), full payment is due immediately. All tours are subject to availability. Prices are per person based on twin share accommodation, low season, tour only and include the discount. Prices, itineraries and inclusions are subject to change without notice. For more information, please see in store or contact your itravel agent.
NO DATA AVAILABLE